This consultation is now closed.
The Consultation – now closed
The Leadership and People Fire Standards have been developed with expert input from leaders and HR specialists across Fire and Rescue Services in England and the NFCC People Programme. Both the Leading the Service and Leading and Developing People Fire Standards have been developed to bring clarity about leadership roles and to establish expectations of leaders in leading their service and their people.
We ask you to now review both fire standards, the supporting information and complete the consultation survey relevant to the specific standard.
How to participate
For the purposes of this consultation, you are provided with a consultation pack which contains the following:
- The proposed Leadership and People Fire Standards
- Leading the Service Fire Standard
- Leading and Developing People Fire Standard
- A copy of the consultation questions (allows you to prepare your response in advance before entering your answers online)
- Supporting information (it is important that you read this before completing the consultation survey)
You may wish to consider engaging those in the following job roles to add value to your feedback:
1. Leading the Service Fire Standard: all those in leadership roles
2. Leading and Developing People Fire Standard: those in HR roles such as HR Manager and/or Business Partner
- Leading the Service Fire Standard for consultation 0.18 MB
- Leading and Developing People Fire Standard for consultation 0.24 MB
- Leading the Service Fire Standard consultation survey questions 0.06 MB
- Leading and Developing People Fire Standard consultation survey questions 0.06 MB
- Supporting information for the Leadership and People Fire Standards 0.12 MB
You will be asked to provide your name, role, organisation and email address in case of any technical issues or if we need to contact you to clarify anything about your response.
It is not mandatory to respond to all of the questions in the survey; you are welcome to only complete those areas that you have an interest or expertise in.
When you are ready, please start the survey.
What happens after the consultation has closed?
All consultation responses will be considered following the consultation. Should any responses result in significant revisions to the Fire Standard, a further consultation may be initiated.
Following this, the Fire Standard will undergo a quality assurance process before the final Fire Standard is proposed to the Fire Standards Board for approval.
If you have any questions about the consultation process please email [email protected].
Considerations and Notes
Hyperlinks to places within this draft Fire Standard, or to other sections of guidance may not currently function; this will be addressed at point of publication.
This Fire Standard reflects only the most appropriate legislation to this topic. We recognise that fire and rescue services must comply with a broader list of legislation to undertake their duties, which would be applicable to all standards. The legislation which applies to all standards can be found on the Fire Standards Board website.
Any illustrations are not currently in high-definition, to allow for email limitations; this will be addressed at point of publication.